Visit or Attend SSHS
The School of Choice Application for the 2023-2024 school year is now closed. The application for the 2024-2025 school year will open in late October 2023, and will close on February 9, 2024, at 4:00 pm. Early Action Applications must be received by December 15, 2023. All applications received after February 9th, 2024, will be considered as space permits. Please read below for more information regarding the SSHS School of Choice process.
Students interested in joining us can sign up for a tour here: Tour SSHS
CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR ADMISSION: If you are interested in attending SSHS during the 2023-2024 school year, please contact the registrar, Mrs. Sue Petralia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our programs, academies, and pathways please visit https://www.santasusana.org/
- Applications submitted after February 9th will be considered as space permits. If your application is submitted after February 9th, you should expect to receive an email notification within 48 hours regarding space or waitlist status.
2024-2025 APPLICATION PROCESS
ALL PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
The School of Choice Application for the 2024-2025 school year is now open. Applications are due by February 9th, 2024. If you wish to attend SSHS during the 2023-2024 school year please contact our registrar, Mrs. Sue Petralia. We review applications submitted after February 9th on a first-come, first-served basis.
2024-2025 School of Choice Application
Solicitud de Escuela de Elección de SSHS en Español
FOR ANY STUDENT NOT CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN SIMI VALLEY UNIFIED
Once accepted, all out-of-district students must provide us with a completed enrollment packet, please include:
FOR ANY STUDENT LIVING OUTSIDE OF SIMI VALLEY
Once accepted, families living outside of Simi Valley must apply for and submit their approved interdistrict permit (signed by their school district of residence) through a web form on the District web site. Complete this form and upload a scanned PDF of your signed and approved Interdistrict Permit. Please click on the link to your right for information on how to request an Interdistrict Transfer Permit.
ONCE SELECTED TO ATTEND
Students will be notified if they are selected to attend Santa Susana Magnet High School by email.
1. Complete an enrollment packet if your student is not currently enrolled in SVUSD. See Above.
For students not currently attending school within the Simi Valley Unified School District. Contact: email@example.com
2. Submit an Inter-district permit. See Above.
For students who live outside the City of Simi Valley. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sign-up for Performing Arts Audition.
If interested in Performing Arts, auditions will be held on TBD. Contact: email@example.com
4. Attend Future Troubadour Day on TBD.
Information will be sent with acceptance notifications in early March.
5. If needed, attend Q/A Night TBD
Evening with counselors and administration for families who may have additional questions.
SSHS SCHOOL OF CHOICE NEWSLETTER
You can find additional information about Tours, School of Choice, Frequently Asked Questions, and more by reading our School of Choice Newsletter, which is will soon be linked below:
SCHOOL OF CHOICE NEWSLETTER
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. My student does not attend Hillside, can they still attend SSHS in 2024-2025?
- Absolutely, all students are welcome. We have students attend from all three middle schools, as well as transfers from private schools and outside of the district.
2. I live outside Simi Valley. How do I enroll in SSHS?
- For out-of-district applicants, an interdistrict permit from the district of residence will be required prior to the start of school. Therefore, parents should apply for this permit upon acceptance to SSHS as this process may take time.
3. If the school is at capacity how does SSHS determine admission for acceptance?
- Should we receive more applications than there are spaces available, a lottery will be conducted to determine acceptance.
4. Do I have to be in Performing or Visual Arts to attend?
- No. We offer nationally and state recognized programs in academics, such as Mock Trial, Robotics, as well as visual and technological arts. We offer certifications in a number of our academies in STEM.
5. If I go to Hillside am I automatically enrolled in SSHS for the 2024-2025 school year?
- No. All students who are interested in attending SSHS need to complete the School of Choice Application through our SSHS website.
6. Does SSHS have a Pre-med Academy?
- Yes. Click this link for more information.
7. If I complete the School of Choice Application after February 9th will I still be able to attend SSHS?
- Families who complete the School of Choice Application after the due date will be placed on a waitlist. Their acceptance status would be contingent on space available after that point in time. The application has a timestamp when completed. Students will be placed on a waitlist in the order the application is submitted after February 9th.
8. My son/daughter would like to play sports, does SSHS offer any athletic programs?
- SSHS does not have sports. Two years of Physical Education is required. Students can satisfy this requirement through traditional PE, dance, yoga, or entertainment ensemble band class.
9. What clubs does SSHS offer for students to join?
- A full list of Student Clubs can be found on our website.
10. Who do I contact if I have questions about a specific program, club, or academy on campus?
11. How do we support students who need additional help?
- There are a number of ways we do this. Many of which take place in the classroom. Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) is built in time during the bell schedule for teachers to work with students. In addition, we offer peer tutoring everyday after school.
12. What is the bell schedule at SSHS? The bell schedule for 2023-2024 is below: